Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Ive got a one month old puppy that up til now has been a

Customer Question

Ive got a one month old puppy that up til now has been a wonderfully sweet and curious and playful pup. she is the runt of the bunch. LBut about an hour ago i heard her crying under the couch. and she is not a whiner,. she keeps turning her hear back and forth , cant settle down and acts like something is bitien her butt. she's dragging he butt every now and then and crying. I have no idea what has happened . She can't stop pacing about and crying . shes looking about like shes looking for something and is scared. this is not normal for her. and I can't comfort her. i have sticky mousetraps are they poisoness? I don't have the box anymore. but the traps were here before the pups . I forgot about them actually til now.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Did I understand correctly that she is only 4 weeks of age?
2) Has she started her veterinary care already? Has a fecal exam been performed?
3) Has she been groomed recently?
4) What breed of dog is she?