Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has a mass from the inside right p that goes back to

Customer Question

My dog has a mass from the inside right hip that goes back to the back left area on his left hip area. Also two swellen glands or something on the back end between his legs. He is 7 years old has had several years where were his left leg isn't as strong as the right one. Has a limp and sometimes holds left leg up for awhile after getting up. Walking around and stretching helps some but always favors and slight limp on left leg. What could be wrong?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has this mass been present?

Is it firm, fluidy, sore, or does it reduce in size when you press on it?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.