Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog is wheezing and coughing. Can I wait until morning.

Customer Question

my dog is wheezing and coughing. Can I wait until morning. She has always cough at times and then it stop but she has been doing this since the middle of the night. it seemed to get better but now it getting worse. wHAT SHOULD I DO. I AM 74 AND GO YO SLEEP DRIVING MY PHONE IS OUT. WOULD IT HURT IF I PUT MY INHALER IN HER MOUTH?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I am a small animal veterinarian and I am happy to help with Sophia. Has she ever been given medications for a cough by your veterinarian? How is she breathing now? Are her gums pink or are they white or blue? Please give me some additional information, and I'll be happy to help as I can.

And please remember to rate me when you are satisfied with your answer as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks.