Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

My dog is sticking s head in the air and moving slowly. He's

Customer Question

my dog is sticking his head in the air and moving slowly. He's healthy and 18 months
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Phoenix
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Phoenix?
Customer: He threw up his dinner last night, otherwise he's fine. He ate his breakfast this morning
JA: The Veterinarian will know if Phoenix will be able to digest that. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am sorry to hear Phoenix is not feeling well. Is he licking his lips at all or having any increased salivation? Is there any gas as well?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No gas, no licking his lips, not excessive panting. He ate normally last night. Threw up dinner an hour later. A bit listless, sleeping a lot. Ate normal breakfast, has not had bowel movement as of 5:00 PM. Pees normally, moves around normally. His gums are pink, he doesn't appear to be in pain, accepts and eats treats, but doing a lot of sleeping again today. Taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I want to be sure it's okay to wait.

I apologize if you had difficulties today getting into the site and seeing my question from this morning. It sounds like overall he is stable and waiting until tomorrow shouldn't be an issue

So you have the information, reasons to recommend a veterinary er

- Gums are pale, yellow, brick red and sticky indicating dehydration

- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood in it

- Increased lethargy or difficulty getting comfortable

- Swollen abdomen

- Respiratory rate > 60 while at rest

- Temperature rectally <99 or >103.5

- No interest in food for 24+ hours

- No urination for 12+ hours

- Trembling without resolution for more than an hour

- Productive coughing

- Taking a "play bow" or what looks like a downward dog position which is abdominal distress

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance this evening

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!