Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My dog ate a blood pressure pill 12.5/20 mg : Max a 80 pound

Customer Question

my dog ate a blood pressure pill 12.5/20 mg
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Max a 80 pound boxer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max A?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What is the name of the pill?

2- How long has it been since he ate it?

3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
linsinopril/hydrochlorothiazide 20/12.5 mg ate it 15 minutes age and I have given hydrogen peroxide already with just a little gagging response from Max.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Friend, 20mg of Lisinopril is not going to be toxic to a 80 lbs Max, no symptoms expected. As far as the hydrochlorothiazide this will not be toxic either. But, it could make him drink and urinate more than usual for the day. I would not induce vomiting with peroxide, just keep plenty of water available, he will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter