Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog has just ingested about 5 motion sicknees tables

Customer Question

Hi my dog has just ingested about 5 motion sicknees tables (Kwells). Should i take her to the Vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

How long ago did this actually happen?

How much does your dog weigh?

Can you tell me the exact product name and ingredients?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened 30 minutes ago and she weights 45 kg and the brand name is ***** ***** contains saccharin sodium and gluten (wheat starch) .
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I see.

The saccharin and gluten are not going to be an issue.

There should be another ingredient, the active ingredient, either hyoscine hydrobromide, scopolamine hydrobromide or another ingredient. That's what i need to know. They are typically 300 microgram tablets, but there are a few varieties.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

with 5 tablets and her weight, it is probably going to be an overdose. They are most often 0.3 or 0.4mg tablets and 3 would be max acceptable dose. I would recommend inducing vomiting at this point.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

You can use over the counter 3% hydrogen peroxide to do this. You should give 50 mls or 10 teaspoons to induce vomiting. If there is no vomiting after 10 minutes give another dose. You can use a turkey baster or syringe, or offer it in a bowl with a small amount of juice. Many dogs will lick it up without much coaxing.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

If there is no vomiting after 20 minutes, I would head to the vet to have them induce vomiting.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with? Does all of this make sense?

Please feel free to reply back at any time if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise please feel free to ACCEPT this conversation and leave positive feedback at any time.

I wish you both the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I just wanted to check in. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Kaos. How is everything going?
Dr. G.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in with you. I see you have not yet rated this conversation. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? Is there any other information I can help you with? Please reply back if you need any further help, otherwise please accept and rate this conversation so we know you no longer need our help. Thank you and have a wonderful day!