Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

She ate stuffing from a stuffed animal. Apparently the up

Customer Question

She ate stuffing from a stuffed animal. Apparently the up 8x...and threw up the stuffing. She has been resting in her cage on and off since...and slept in her cage instead of her normal spot...she doesn't seem to have a fever...but is quiet....I am concerned.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the animal?
Customer: She is 3... no other issues..I was not here when this occured...but have noticed the dog..and on her walks since had been eating grass...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

This could potentially be a serious issue. Best case scenario here is that she has gastroenteritis (inflammation of her gastrointestinal tract) secondary to foreign body ingestion and then the subsequent vomiting. Worst case scenario is that she has some of that foreign material still in her GI tract causing her pain and continued nausea. It would absolutely be prudent to have her evaluated by a veterinarian as soon as possible and to consider having radiographs (Xrays) performed to see if there is an evidence of a gastrointestinal obstruction. If cost is a huge factor, I would recommend not feeding her for 4 to 6 hours. Then offer water. If no vomiting, start offering small frequent feedings of a bland diet (plain boiled chicken and rice) every 4 to 6 hours and see how things go. If she starts vomiting, do not offer anything else by mouth and have her seen by a local veterinarian ASAP. Hope this helps and good luck to you both! -Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Threw up 8x to clarify....apparently a lot came up...but she hasn't been herself...still happy and responsive, but spending an unusual at of time in her cage..quiet...on her walks eating grass....

Hopefully she got it all up, and that she just doesn't feel great after vomiting 8x. Eating grass can be a sign of nausea, so I would still follow the bland diet approach as mentioned above, and have her evaluated if she refuses food, seems uncomfortable or has any vomiting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. She had not eaten for several hours without vomiting...she awoke, ad it is early responsive and ate completely. She seems to be herself....we will see how she does..and will take her to the vet to see about x-rays Thank you.

That is great news! I'm hoping she continues to go in the right direction! It can be so stressful when our 4-legged kiddos are out of sorts! Let me know if you have any other questions! Take care - Dr. C

How are things going with your pup? If I've answered all your questions, do you mind giving me a rating? If I haven't answered all your questions, how else may I assist you? -Dr. C

How are things going with your pup? Do you mind taking a moment to give me a rating? Thanks -Dr. C

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?