Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

He was attacked by my other dog : I've found two wounds so

Customer Question

He was attacked by my other dog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: I've found two facial wounds so far. His eye was incredibly red, but that has gone away a little and one side of his mouth is droopy and drooling
JA: Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: One of the wounds was bleeding, I've been applying pressure with a warm compress and it seems to have stopped
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Teddy and he's 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Hey there. I'm so sorry to hear that your dogs got in a scuffle! It's always best for dog bite wounds to be addressed by a veterinarian as soon as possible. Pain medication can be administered if needed, and the affected areas can be clipped and cleaned thoroughly. It's also of utmost importance to get pets with bite wounds started on antibiotics, ideally within 6 hours. Dog bite wounds can get infected very quickly and easily. It's great that you are applying warm compresses- that will definitely help! Do not apply hydrogen peroxide or neosporin to the wounds, as the hydrogen peroxide can cause tissue damage and the neosporin can trap infection inside the wound. Hopefully there is a 24-hr facility nearby that you can have Teddy evaluated at this morning. Good luck to you both, let me know if there is anything else I can do! - Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no 24 hour vet and itll cost over $200 to get him seen in an ER

Gotcha. Well, then you are doing the best you can do until your family veterinarian can see him and prescribe antibiotics! Continue the warm compresses three times per day for 5-10 minutes at a time until you can get him in. If he is scratching at his face or rubbing at the eye that was originally red, you can obtain an elizabethan collar from your nearest pet store to prevent him from causing more damage. - Dr. C

How are things going with your pup? If I've answered all your questions, do you mind giving me a rating? If I haven't answered all your questions, how else may I assist you? -Dr. C

Just checking in on you pup. Everything going ok with those bite wounds? -Dr. C