Melanie Goble
Melanie Goble,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian/Owner at Renewed Strength Veterinary Services, LLC

I need to have her ears. Cleaned and she went let me do it

Customer Question

I need to have her ears. Cleaned and she went let me do it so I really need to give her something to help the situation. She is a female pure breed blue pit.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she turned a year old on April 17th
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mia?
Customer: No, she is awesome !!!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** see you are having difficulty cleaning Mia's ears. Does she have an infection that has been diagnosed or are they just dirty?

My favorite way to clean a dog's ears is to soak a cotton ball with ear cleaner (do not use hydrogen peroxide as that is painful for some animals and that can't tell us if it is), place the cotton ball gently into the ear canal, then massage the ear for 30-45 seconds. You can then take the cotton ball out (or let her shake it out). If you have medication to place in the ear, then you will want to wait 30-45 minutes for the ear to dry before putting that in the ear.

Does that make sense?

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please rate me so that I may continue providing and improving my services. If you still have a question regarding how this is done or it is not working for you, please let me know so that we can come up with a solution that will work for you and Mia.