Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I am writing in reference to my sons dog, Onyx, who is a

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** and I am writing in reference to my sons dog, Onyx, who is a year old and is a black sheperd. The dog was given to my son from a shelter when he was a pup. My son was sixteen when he got the pup. Well I had a house fire two years ago and lost fifteen of my pets in an electrical fire that started when we were not home.This of course devastated both of us. Well we had to move a couple times and the dog ended up with my sons girlfriend for a time. My house is being built now but I am living with an older couple that let me keep the dog, until the house is built. When I got the dog from his girlfriend, (as they broke up), I noticed that the dogs mouth was only opened slightly. I thought it was lock jaw, as I am a nurse. I took him to the vet, and he said it is definitely not lock jaw, but he gave him all his shots to keep him good for a year. The vet felt the mandible, and said everything seemed normal as it didn't seem as his jaw was injured or broken. He doesn't seem to be in any pain. He does pant and eat but he cannot open his mouth. The vet wanted to anesthetize the dog do and xray and try to open the dogs mouth. He seems to think it could have been congenital. So I brought him home and tried to look in his mouth.it looks like his teeth are fused shut. Have you ever heard of this, and if so, how would be the cure????? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Elizabeth. Thanks for your question. Do you happen to have a clear photograph of the fusing you're seeing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not real good at that but I'll try

Thank you for the pictures, Elizabeth. I don't see anything abnormal from the picture, but it could be that I just cannot determine what you're seeing that's abnormal.

When you visit this picture: https://www.lovethatpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Dental-Care-Image2.png

Do you see anything different about Onyx's teeth?

Checking in, Elizabeth. Do you still need help with Onyx?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This Is not what I expected.Please cancel my subscription and refund my money
Thank u