Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My dog is vomiting, not eating and drinking little

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear that Cory is not feeling well. It was good to remove the Seresto collar since this may cause a reaction or Cory has ingested something that did not agree with him. The best thing to do for now is to follow these instructions:

Fast Cory for 12-24 hrs which he is doing himself to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give him Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the vomiting has resolved and Cory is feeling better, then wean him back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take Cory to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as kidney disease or an intestinal obstruction.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Bill,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Cory. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta