Dani Rabwin
Dani Rabwin,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Pet Hospital

He is a Brussels griffon and he has large black itchy spots

Customer Question

He is a Brussels griffon and he has large black itchy spots on his skin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Macy Bear and he is 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Macy Bear?
Customer: He is healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani and I am a small animal veterinarian. I am happy to help you with Macy Bear. Is he on flea control, and if so which one? Has there been any recent diet change? Black itchy spots on the skin can be due to allergies (from fleas, food allergies, or environmental allergies such as pollens and house dust mites), infections, and other conditions. Can you give me any other information?

And when you are satisfied with your answer, please make sure to rate me as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks and I look forward to any follow up information or questions!