Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

Sore on head and tail ( Terrier) wondering if it is cancer?

Customer Question

Sore on head and tail (***** ***** Terrier) wondering if it is cancer?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am happy to assist you with reviewing a photo with the paperclip on your screen. Ideally if there is a concern of cancer your veterinarian will need to aspirate or even biopsy the area for a definitive diagnosis but can review a photo if you like as well. If you have difficulties please let me know and I can send you step by step on how to download a photo

I apologize if you are having issues with the site. Sores in general are not going to be cancerous unless there is an underlying mass or ruptured mass that is causing the issue. I would continue the medicated shampoo twice daily with ten minute contact time before rinsing, benadryl 1 mg/ pound every 8-12 hours if the areas are itchy and a photo of the areas so you can monitor for progression of size, irritation, redness and consult with your veterinarian if they continue to grow or not resolve

I hope this makes sense, I am online another hour tonight to assist you both

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Duke. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman