Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She has black spots an patches on her, had something similar

Customer Question

she has black spots an patches on her, had something similar abouta yr ago. took her to her vet, he didn't no what it was , gave her a shot, an cream, he scratches all time, shehas been on revolution all her life.,at tht time i bathed here in bleach solution 3 times a week.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sunshine she is 4 yrs old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: she take bendryl tiwce a day
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no, she is update on all her shots, but been scratching constantly for the last 3 mos.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jacustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

has anything changed in the household before the symptoms started this time such as change in residence, switching food, ading a treat?

How about new treats or people food or cleaning supplies?

Is she an inside or outside dog?

Has a skin scraping been done on her?

What breed is Sunshine?

What testing has been done if any?