Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog got into Accutane of my daughters it was while she

Customer Question

My dog got into Accutane of my daughters it was while she was at work it's a 55 pound German Shepherd
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: She's acting fine but I would just like to know if I should take her to a vet
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She ate probably 200mg worth
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Moon
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Moon?
Customer: Nope she is a healthy dog she is 15 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

That's such a large overdose, inducing emesis is important. 45 mL (3 measuring tablespoons) of 3% hydrogen peroxide should be administered with a small poultry baster placed between Moon's cheek teeth and cheek. She should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, please repeat the same dose. This is predicated upon Moon ingesting the Accutane within 2 hours.

In one study only 5 out of 150 dogs showed clinical signs of toxicty - hypersalivation, mainly - but we usually dose at just 0.5 mg/lb twice daily.