How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr B Your Own Question
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 1064
Experience:  DVM
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr B is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 18 lb yorkie ate about 6 pieces of chocolate.He is

Customer Question

Hello, my 18 lb yorkie ate about 6 pieces of chocolate.He is drinking a lot of water and is vomiting.What do you think the best thing we should do Thankyou frank
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is drB and I would be happy to help long ago was the chocolate consumed and was it milk or dark chocolate?

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

can you tell me how large the pieces were of the chocolate?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

Would you like to talk on the phone or do you want to just chat here online?

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

I need to know if the pieces were 1 ounce pieces and whether they were milk or dark chocolate and when your dog consumed the candy....

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

Since I am not hearing back from you I will go ahead and answer your question. Even with just milk chocolate your dog can get pretty sick with this amount of chocolate. You need to take your dog to the vet ER asap and allow them to induce vomiting with apomorphine, administer activated charcoal and give your dog IV fluid therapy. This amount could be life threatening potentially even with milk chocolate. With dark chocolate then that is very very serious. Please take your dog to the ER asap. I hope this helps you.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.

Sincerely, DRB

Related Dog Veterinary Questions