Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I am looking at reviews anti seizure medication .... My dog

Customer Question

I am looking at reviews for nuroplex anti seizure medication for dogs .... My dog has had 3 seizures in 8 months and I do not want
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: to go down the medical route
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He was treated 2 years ago for a viral infection which nearly cost him his leg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Most of us will accept one mild (no loss of consciousness, no incontinence, no thrashing about) seizure monthly before considering medicating these patients. Can you describe your dog's seizures for me, please?