Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has been listless past 3 days. He eats regularly and

Customer Question

my dog has been listless for the past 3 days. He eats regularly and his poop is not as big and has some yellow in it, but otherwise normal. He has done this 2 other times about a year apart in time.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

I would like to help you with Duke. It sounds like he isn't feeling well. Dogs that are listless can have multiple issues....some are painful, others have upset stomachs, and others may have something more serious developing. Since Duke is an older guy, a senior exam, bloodwork and urine testing should be done to help figure out if his problem is serious. Even though Duke is a smaller breed (Westie), they can sometimes have arthritis. Your vet may prescribe pain medication for him to help him perk up. Continue to watch him closely, and feel free to share more info if that helps. All these details can be very helpful clues for us to figure out what the actual problem is, since his symptoms right now are vague and have come and gone before in the past.

With appreciation,

Dr. KV