Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Heavy panting and snoring showing signs of vestibular

Customer Question

Heavy panting and snoring showing signs of vestibular disease ie difficulty walking, disorientated drinking a lot head tilted to one side loss of appetite
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Been to the Vet twice in the last two days. First thought it was an infection then strained muscles as left shoulder neck area seems stiff. Was eating at that stage. Vet has given pain relief and anti inflamatory. Urine OK kidney function OK
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Ive told our Vet everything and it the same Vet we go to all the time
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucy 14 yr old Belgian shepherd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has Lucy had these signs?

What anti-inflammatory is being used specifically?

Any signs of improvement with the treatment at all?

Were her signs sudden in onset?

What tests have her vets done?