Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Why is my dog lapping her tail and making a bald spot? She

Customer Question

why is my dog lapping her tail and making a bald spot? She is also lapping the couch, the carpet, her paws and other areas.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....what your dog is experiencing is allergic in nature....just make sure your dog has no fleas first. If there are no fleas then your dog has an allergy. Either environmental in nature or food related. These are the top three causes of what causes this type of behavior in a dog. The best possible thing that you can do is to see a vet derm doc. This will help you get to the bottom of the problem the very fastest way. If you would like I can help you find someone who can help you. I hope this helps you. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.