How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 23805
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tried to forward my contact info after submitting credit

Customer Question

tried to forward my contact info after submitting credit card info but it would not go through. phone is(###) ###-####or***@******.***
Question was 12 lb dog ingested small amount of calcium chloride
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Mike, the MSDS sheet on that product states that gastrointestinal distress (inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea) may develop after ingesting it but, practically speaking, a small amount of calcium chloride ingested in the form of Damp Rid is no different from ingesting calcium in a vitamin/mineral supplement. You'll find calcium carbonate and calcium acetate, however, in those supplements because the chloride isn't well-assimilated by dogs and can cause the distress mentioned above.

It's not toxic, however, and a small amount in a 12 lb dog may well go unnoticed. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Related Dog Veterinary Questions