Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is 13 years old was very active until a few days ago.

Customer Question

my dog is 13 years old was very active until a few days ago. She has stopped eating, but drinks water. got her to eat a little rice this morning. don't know what else to do? I have notice that the people I have been staying with have been feeding her from the table I have told them to stop.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of Sophie's advanced age, I would worry that she may be suffering from either liver failure or kidney failure, both show as anorexia. This is not because of table scraps unless some were fatty and this could cause a Pancreatitis which would show as anorexia and vomiting. To be safe, take Sophie to your vet for blood work and a thorough exam including an EKG to determine what may be causing this and then, how best to treat sweet Sophie.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****