Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My dog just ate a peach and the pit... He seems ok, but it's

Customer Question

My dog just ate a peach and the pit... He seems ok, but it's only beena few minutes.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: what should I do.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Ernie is close to 6 years old.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ernie...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: He is a treeing walker
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, the peach is not toxic. The main concern would be the pit becoming obstructed. But, it is very likely he will pass the pit in the stool without any problem. I would just recommend you observe him for the next day or so. If you notice any diarrhea, vomiting, excessive straining when defecating, etc. have him seen by family veterinarian otherwise he will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.