Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She turns circles, ears are straight back, she can't sit

Customer Question

She turns circles, ears are straight back, she can't sit still, she is rigid , pacing , when she tries to sit she shifts weight back and forth on front paws, she's shedding excessively, hasn't eaten today and I don't think she has drank any water or gone outside, gums are pink and nose is wet and cold.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jessi, she is almost twelve, she's a rat terrier.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jessi?
Customer: She's intact, about a month ago she was acting similar, I took her to the vet stating her restlessness etc , they examined her, expressed her glands and she has been fine till this morning, she wasn't quite this antsy before though.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has she been doing this?

Does she tend to circle in the same direction? Can she go the other way?

Does she seem to be trying to reach her back end? Any scooting or chewing of her bottom?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?