Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

I have a boxer. About two weeks ago he had a dizzy spell

Customer Question

I have a boxer. About two weeks ago he had a dizzy spell while excited when i got home. 3 or 4 days later he fell down out of the blue and got righr back up. That evening i took him for a walk and he spun around in a circle 3 times and fell down. Then he was allright until the last 3 days. Now his head is tilted and his face is drooping and he is salivating on the same side. He is bumping into things and has trouble walking doun the steps.
What is wrong? Please help...!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Primo's condition. These are neurologic signs that indicate some form of head trauma blocking nerve supplies to the spinal cord or a primary brain lesion. I could invision a brain tumor, considering Primo's age and breed so it is very important that you have your vet perform a thorough neurologic exam and possibly, depending on the results, refer you to a Veterinary Neurologist. I say this because these symptoms appear to be progressing and this may indicate a brain tumor or something else serious such as an Encephalitis, which is an infection. I wish I could give you more information but without the results of the testing, you will not know how best to help your sweet Primo.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Michael Kovack,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Primo. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta