Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is drooling, not eating or drinking, lethargic and

Customer Question

My dog is drooling, not eating or drinking, lethargic and puffing his cheeks when he breathes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Moochy 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mooch?
Customer: He's a Boston terrier
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?