Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine

My old dog has been vomiting today about 10 times, first was

Customer Question

My old dog has been vomiting today about 10 times, first was food and then just mucous bile. She is drinking a lot of water. She got in the garbage this morning but i don't think she ate anything that was bad.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 4 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

This is always a tricky situation to determine if Hellie might need to be seen on emergency of if I can make some suggestions and you do a wait and see approach. Indications she really must be seen today on emergency would be if she can keep nothing down (not even medications, water or food) because then nothing we try to administer to her by mouth is going to work to help improve the situation. She is going to require some injectable medication to improve. Other indications to have her seen today would be if she has blood in her vomit, develops profuse diarrhea especially if blood, she has abdominal/stomach pain when you touch, any breathing issues of marked lethargy.

If you feel she is stable and has stopped vomiting and would like some suggestions for what to try at home, let me know. I can provide that. As well, let me know what questions you have.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Hellie. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey