Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.

She weighs 12.9 pounds and ate approximately 1 grape about 3

Customer Question

She weighs 12.9 pounds and ate approximately 1 grape about 3 hours ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lily
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lily?
Customer: No, just that I am worried sick. We are in the car traveling....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 4 months ago.

Than you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.

We are still learning a lot about the toxicity associated with grapes so there is lot we don't understand. However, to this point, the smallest amount of grapes that have caused a kidney toxicity is .7ounces/kg. That would mean that a 13 pound dog would need 4 ounces to reach that. So, I don't expect any serious problems, but keep an eye on her... like I said, we are still learning about grape toxicity.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions please let me know. And please don't forget to rate my answer.