Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our miniature schnauzer started acting strangely this

Customer Question

Our miniature schnauzer started acting strangely this morning. He is 5 years old. He seems very disoriented and acts like he can't see. He jumps when we touch him. He won't come when we call him. He is walking into things.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Is there any chance that Marco ingested something in the house or yard that could attribute to the symptoms he is experiencing?

Can you please confirm that his pupils are constricting with light when shined in his eyes or when outdoors?

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think I gave him too much wormer

OK can you please give me what dewormer you used, its concentration (mg/ml) and how much he weighs? Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is not helping just forget it.

I apologize if I am not helping, I am trying to determine the level of concern with the dewormer and if there is potential for toxicity. I can certainly send you to customer service if you prefer but please consider a veterinary er for Marco with these symptoms to stop the progression and potential life threatening issues. Good luck and let me know how you would like to proceed

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not calling.

Would you like to have the question forwarded to customer service? If so please let me know, it will cut off our conversation so I want to ensure this is how you would like to proceed before I do so

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I not satisfied

OK will send the question to customer service, I cannot do anything to aid in this situation without further information. Good luck