How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 23847
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

71 pound Golden Retriever may have ingested a 10 mg Adderall

Customer Question

71 pound Golden Retriever may have ingested a 10 mg Adderall pill. What should I do?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

If the pill were ingested within the hour, I want you to induce emesis with 45 mL (3 measuring tablespoons) of 3% hydrogen peroxide given with a small poultry baster placed between Prince's cheek teeth and cheek. Prince should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, please repeat the same dose. Adderal will cause agitation at just 0.25 mg/lb. Seizures and coma can arise at 1-1.5 mg/lb. Thankfully, 10 mg/71 lbs is only 0.14 mg/lb and so I wouldn't expect Prince to become significantly symptomatic but this isn't a strictly dose-dependent toxicity. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.