Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. I wouldn't worry to much about this. If she had ingested a larger amount, there may be cause for some concern, but even then it would probably only cause mild symptoms. If anything, you may see a mild upset stomach. It should be okay to watch her. If you notice 1 episode of vomiting or diarrhea that resolves in 24 hours, that is fine. If she has multiple episodes of vomiting, diarrhea that lasts more than 24 hours, lack of appetite or abdominal pain; I would have her seen by a vet. You can always induce vomiting, but if she just licked a small amount, it most likely wouldn't make any difference. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.
Thanks for the picture. Nothing in there pops out as being toxic. She may get a mild upset stomach, but I wouldn't worry about any toxicity issues if she was my dog. I would probably think the tubing she ingested may cause more upset stomach. I would still just watch her for any problems and take her in if you see any of those issues mentioned above. Let me know if you have further concerns.