Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She had a painful luxating patella yesterday and won't eat

Customer Question

She had a painful luxating patella yesterday and won't eat at her usual spot wants to be held constantly doesn't want to drink and has only peed once in the last 12 hours.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: CALI. And she will be 5 on June 12. She is a 6 lb. Yorkiepoo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cali?
Customer: She is very friendly and usually pretty independent. She has always had a good appetite and regular bladder habits. She also had a half does of melodic an for pain at the bets last evening and a second dose at 8 this morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has the patella popped back in or is it stuck out?

Did you mean Mobic (Meloxicam)? Why was she given a half dose?

Just to make sure that is all that is causing her bother, any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Any diarrhea or black stools?