Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has not irrigated in 2 days. Vet out her on antibiotics

Customer Question

She has not irrigated in 2 days. Vet out her on antibiotics for some kind of virus, but she is very old, wanted to put her to sleep but vet says she can be saved. I was winding if I could give small dose of hydrochlorothiazide to help relieve her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sadie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?
Customer: Just the lack of voiding her self
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She has not urinated. Sorry not irrigated
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Sadie is unwell. I will do my best to help with your question. First I have a few questions to help me better understand your situation.

1) Has Sadie been drinking or eating in the last 2 days.

2) How long has she been on medication? Do you know the name of the antibiotic given?

3) What are Sadie's energy levels like?

4) Has there been no urine output at all? Does she appear to be trying to urinate?