How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 23788
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 10 pound terrier puppy found a grape on the floor and

Customer Question

My 10 pound terrier puppy found a grape on the floor and held it in his mouth for about 5 seconds. He did not break slin or ingest anything. I understand that this can be toxic to dogs and was wondering if I should be concerned? This was about an hour ago and he has shown no symptoms
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Don't give it a second thought. It would take ingesting at least 5 grapes to intoxicate a 10 lb dog and grape toxicity is idiosyncratic (peculiar) in any event. In other words, most dogs can eat grapes to their heart's content without harm. Your puppy is going to do nicely. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Related Dog Veterinary Questions