Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My 10 pound terrier puppy found a grape on the floor and

Customer Question

My 10 pound terrier puppy found a grape on the floor and held it in his mouth for about 5 seconds. He did not break slin or ingest anything. I understand that this can be toxic to dogs and was wondering if I should be concerned? This was about an hour ago and he has shown no symptoms
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Don't give it a second thought. It would take ingesting at least 5 grapes to intoxicate a 10 lb dog and grape toxicity is idiosyncratic (peculiar) in any event. In other words, most dogs can eat grapes to their heart's content without harm. Your puppy is going to do nicely. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.