Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog takes trifexis but she appears to have flea bite rash

Customer Question

my dog takes trifexis but she appears to have flea bite rash by her private area. what can i put on it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: the groomer said it looked like fleas but we have none in the house on the cats or anywhere else on her
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: could ants bite
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Any chance you can take a picture of the rash? Did the groomer just find it today? Has she been licking / scratching at the area?