Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Dog is hyperventilating

Customer Question

Dog is hyperventilating
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
For almost 2 hours. Have cool cloth on her but I don't think she is overheated. Had had 2 bowls of water and hydroxide a which she was prescribed for anxiety. She also had a few high pitched whines almost like very a loud yawn
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Nan, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. If Bailey is taking more than 30 breaths/minute while asleep or at rest, she needs the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience. Advanced cardiopulmonary disorders need to be considered and these can be life-threatening in a 12 year old. Please give me an update on Bailey if you wish. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.