Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a Siberian husky puppy that is 4 months old named

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Siberian husky puppy that is 4 months old named Sophia. Today she fell down 3 steps about 13 hours ago. Right after the fall she couldn't stand up at all. About 30 minutes later she was finally able to get up. Since then she can barely walk. All 4 of her legs are very wobbly. She's still walking but she's falling over and falling down. I can see her legs looking like she has no strength in them and they shake. Looks just like when a newborn horse or deer is born and they are very wobbly and can't walk right. I've also noticed that now when she's drinking her water she starts to choke a little with it. And with her food She takes a couple bites then it's like the food falls out of her mouth and she picks it back up. I've tried touching all over her to see if I can find a sensitive spot but can't find one. She does occasionally whimper and whine but not often. I'm limited on money until next Wednesday and no vet will see me because of that. I noticed that her tongue felt very warm so I did the only thing I could. I gave her 3/4 teaspoon children's Tylenol and 3mg melatonin. In hopes that she can rest and hopefully feel better. She's been trying to keep up with my other Siberian husky today despite her injury and she was still being herself. Licking me and wanting me to rub her tummy and wanting my love and attention. What do I do? I'm so scared that this is permanent damage.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Did she hit her head?
2) How much does she weigh?
3) Have your seen ay vomiting or diarrhea?