Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Took my 3 year old coton de tulear to vet this evening

Customer Question

Took my 3 year old coton de tulear to vet this evening atound 5:30. He kept sneezing this morning and kept wanting to go outside (fenced yard). He also inhaled/exhaled quickly through mouth as if he wanted to clear his throat. Vomited 3 times around 4:30 with this bugle like noise which he has never exhibited before. Vet took xray of throat and stomach, everything looked normal except she noticed excess air. She gave him an anti-nausea
shot and some fluids. Sent us home with hydrocodone for coughing and throat irritation. When we got home he hacked up a string of dental floss, which I believe must have been lodged in his throat. Called vet, but she had left for the day. Gave him half pill of hydrocofone around 7:30. He has been extremrly restless and continually wants to go outside to eat grass. Finally got him to calm down around 1:00 am, but only for about an hour. It us now 2:40 am and ge is whining to go out. Should I try some pepcid?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry that you have not received a reply before now, Rossana.
I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How much dental floss was produced?
2) Do you know what was given for nausea?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I ended up taking my dog to the ER. Since I did nit receive a quick respobse, I sent a message in response to an email from just answer that I was doing so.