Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

He ate 100 mg of thc macaroons : bandit, 10 yrs old,

Customer Question

he ate 100 mg of thc macaroons
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bandit, 10 yrs old, papillon
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bandit?
Customer: 6 #.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Bruce. Welcome to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

How long ago did he eat the THC macaroons? How many did he eat? How is he acting at this point? Does he have any other health issues?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he got into the cookies about 15 hours ago. sometime thursday earlier afternoon. its friday now at about 11 am. he ate 4, 25 mg each THC macaroons. i gave him about a teaspoon of salt yesterday, followed by some 1 ML droppers (about 10) of water. he just drank some water on his own. (first time since yesterday) he's sleeping, but very loopy. wobbly on feet, falls over. peed over himself twice now. no other health issues. 10 years old. 6 pounds. maintains eye contact with me, so that's improved over last night. he had thrown up about 2/3 C of solid like material - probably the cookies, during the night while in his crate.

Thank you for that information. With the legalization of marijuana through certain states as far as recreational and medicinal use, these situations are coming up more often. Most of the time with THC ingestion, the cases are treated symptomatically based on their signs. Most just get very tired and stuporous. Those more critical ones are the ones that get comatose and these are the ones that need veterinary care as they could need ventilatory support. That is good that he's not overly sedated at this time and it would seem as far as the THC situation to be out past when it should be at its most potent. As far as the vomiting, that could be due to the macaroons themselves being irritating to the stomach. Hopefully here today he's back to eating and drinking and the nausea has resolved. For him at this point, keeping him in a quiet area for rest would seem like a good idea unless the vomiting continues.