Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think he has swallowed a foxtail and I can't seem to get

Customer Question

I think he has swallowed a foxtail and I can't seem to get it up he's on a little 3 pound Yorkie do I need to take him in
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's a year-and-a-half-old
JA: How old is BB?
Customer: A year-and-a-half
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about BB?
Customer: Only that he's very healthy and happy dog. I thought it was the Heat or he over exerted himself today.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Do you mean he is coughing? Is it continuous?

Can he eat/drink and keep everything down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?