Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Basset severe pain to the touch/even slightest in front of

Customer Question

Basset severe pain to the touch/even slightest in front of neck/jowel area. Swollen and feels like it's fluid filled even down into the chest now. Can't sleep or rest his head. Drooling and runny nose. Miserable. Thinking possible savilary gland burst? Gave ceph 600mg and 50mg tramadol an hour later. Planning on taking in when vet opens first thing. Ideas (please don't cut and paste from what I've already read on Google. I just want and opinion). Thank you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have any pictures of the area?
2) How old is your Basset?
3) Is he still eating and drinking?

For the record, unless we are the original authors of what you read on google, it's immoral for us to cut and paste without giving notification of doing so and giving right to the original author. Almost all of the Experts on JustAnswer customize their reply to the customer's questions for this reason.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. I took him to the vet first thing this morning. I hadn't received an answer as of then. Thank you.