Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

I have a 6 month old English bulldog . I got her from a

Customer Question

I have a 6 month old English bulldog . I got her from a backyard breeder when she was 6 weeks old . The breeder told me she had her 5 in 1 shot. For the last couple of days she has been lethargic and not eating today she started vomiting white vomit a few times in the last hour she has a yellow colored drool around her mouth do you have any advice. I'm very short of funds right now or else I would have already had her to a vet .
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.
The symptoms that your dog is having definitely sounds like it could be a parvo virus infection.... it could be other things too. To prevent parvo your puppy should have had a series of 3-4 vaccines starting at about 7 weeks and ending at about 4 months. Did you do this series? If not I would be really worried about Parvo. This is a very serious infection and I would really recommend taking her to a veterinarian. If you absolutely can't then she is likely to continue to get worse. The best thing that you can do is focus on keeping her hydrated. I wouldn't worry about getting her to eat right away, just focus on getting her to drink small amount of diluted chicken broth every hour so she doesn't get dehydrated. If she won't drink or if she can't hold down liquids then she really needs to see a veterinarian.

Other things... such a an intestinal blockage can also cause vomiting and lethargy... but an X-ray would need to be taken to detect this.

I hope that helps, but if you have more more questions please let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much I'll be taking her the vet tomorrow if she doesn't improve