Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I believe my 2000 flushes automatic bowl cleaner. Really

Customer Question

I believe my 2000 flushes automatic bowl cleaner. Really broke so is there anything I can do from home. He is lethargic but will drink water and eat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** approx 1 year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bosco?
Customer: Just very active but just laying by his water bowl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Thanks for asking your question. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What breed is Bosco?

2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is blue healer/lab
He drank water out of toilet with bleach cleaner.
He has really dark diahrea, and thrown up several times. Not that we are aware of. He is approx 1

1- When did he drink the water with bleach cleaner?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- Is the stool black?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
80 lbs, yes he has dark stool and possibly 3 times

2- He is eating, correct?

3- How long has it been since the last time he vomited?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Threw up the last time two days ago and he is eating. He drank the water the past three days

Please give me a few more minutes, I am typing your answer. Thank you.

Friend, it is very likely the water with bleach has irritated or ulcerated his upper gastrointestinal tract; for this reason he is showing these symptoms. The dark color stool could be a sign of bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract.

In this case, I would have him examined by family veterinarian and start him on a medication called carafate and antibiotics. In the meantime start him on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 20mg every 12 hours for the next week. You can buy pepcid ac over the counter in any pharmacy. Do Not give pepto bismol. Change his diet to rice with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef for the next week.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter