Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Now my dachshund has had crmbly, dark poo. Going less. I

Customer Question

For somethime now my dachshund has had crmbly, dark poo. Going less. I have reduced food due to being overweight, but she seems to be getting enough. Also give a few baby carrots, broccoli or cauliflower as an addition to food or snack. She seems to drink fine. Was wondering if the fact that food ilos dry if I should add water to it. I do so b etudes in the form of saved water from good canned chicken or tuna.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dachshund's name and age?
Customer: Belle ahe 9
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Belle A?
Customer: Age 9
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is this has the feces looks as soon as she passes it?

Do you notice her urinating more often than normal?

Do you notice her having more difficulty defecating, or having to go more than once in a single setting?