Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

His genital area is very red and now hairless almost as if

Customer Question

His genital area is very red and now hairless almost as if he had a wax job done. He is lots of pain and discomfort
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog, mini schnauzer
JA: OK. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ajx, 6yo
JA: How old is Ajax?
Customer: 6yo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ajax?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Has he been grooming, licking or hair pulling in this region?Has he been having any urinary signs (ie increased need to go, passing small volumes or urine, straining)?Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, lumps, ulcers, scabs, crusting, scaling, etc)?Is he passing stool normally? Dragging his backside on the ground or trying to chew at it?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.