Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Pomeranian dog- ate large (cooked0 soup bone- now has

Customer Question

Pomeranian dog- ate large (cooked0 soup bone- now has started vomiting. Should be take to emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sadie- almost 2years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Thanks for asking your question. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long since she ate the bone? 2- Is she lethargic?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she is lethargic, she finished bone around 11 am
Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Friend, as you have suspected it is likely that her symptoms are related to the ingestion of the bone. My concern is if the bone perforates the intestinal tract the outcome is likely fatal. For this reason it is best to not wait and have her checked tonight by ER veterinarian. A quick xray will let the attending vet know if the bone is passing or obstructed. Do Not wait. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter