Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog just ate a suboxone about 30 mins ago. He seems fine,

Customer Question

My dog just ate a suboxone about 30 mins ago. He seems fine, he is about 40 lbs and an English cocker spaniel. Will eat anything
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your English cocker spaniel will be able to digest that. What is the English cocker spaniel's name?
Customer: He got into my pill bottle. Will he be OK
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your English cocker spaniel?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just need to know what to do, he seems fine. His name i s Packer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When will you answer me?!

Just typing out your answer now, you should have it in a minute or so ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Where a dog has swallowed any sort of drug not intended for it one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the drug that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things may be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

2. While this is not likely to be a fatal incident it is possible that your dog may suffer adverse side effects ranging from restlessness and whimpering through to respiratory depression and lethargy. If you fail to induce vomiting and anything other than very minor side effects occur then your best plan would be to take your dog to an ER vet without delay.

3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry Scott but the 5 dollars I spent was useless. You won't tell me how I should induse vomiting for my dog unless I pay more money, good bye Scott.

No need for you to spend more , please see the link I sent on how to induce vomiting, here it is again : LINK

Regards,

Dr Scott

If you can quickly induce vomiting then that is by far your best course of action.

If you fail to induce vomiting then I am standing by to advise you further ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please confirm if you have managed to induce vomiting ?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the suboxone ingestion ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.