Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

MY older dog is on Rimadyl 100mg. My 5 month puppy just

Customer Question

MY older dog is on Rimadyl 100mg. My 5 month puppy just grabbed it and ate it. SHe is a lab/rot mixed about 40 pounds
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hazel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hazel?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this happened. Puppies can be very fast. How long ago did this happen?Is the puppy fine otherwise?Any vomiting or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just now yes fine not yet
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She laid down and is sleeping
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
I see. The dose is just a little above a standard 24 hour dose for a puppy her size. Most likely there will not be any problem. I would not induce vomiting or do anything else. It is likely there will be no side effects as long as she doesn't eat more. What you may see is a little upset stomach: diarrhea or maybe vomiting, but it is unlikely that will happen. She should be just fine.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you that's a relief
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
You are very welcome. I wish you both the best. Have a wonderful day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G.