Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My dog ate a double bladed razor head JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

Hi My dog ate a double bladed razor head
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ivy. 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ivy?
Customer: No previous conditions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. This is something that should be removed either via surgery or endoscopy. I would first get an x-ray to make sure it's in the stomach. After that, they can either go in with a scope and remove it or just go in surgically and remove it. In financial cases, I have induced vomiting in these dogs with decent success. If there is food in the stomach, it can come up with the food as a cushion. It's a little risky, but it's an option. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?