Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I am besides myslf watching my dog suffer everyday from

Customer Question

Hi,I am besides myslf watching my dog suffer everyday from ectopic dermatitis. I have already paid over £1000 in treatment for blood tests and a course of injections to combat his allergies but it did not work. I have retired through medical reasons myself and I cannot afford any more expense for him. I am hoping there is a good samaritan vet who would be willing to help my little dog for free as he does not deserve this suffering? He is a three and a half year old crossbreed yorkiepoo and is in turmoil with this. my own vet has been wonderful but I cannot afford any more money for this. Can someone please help me?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What symptoms are you seeing? Is he licking? chewing? scooting? fur plucking? chronic ear infections? 2) What food is he eating? 3) Is he currently on any medication right now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He has chronic ear ectopic dermatitis,he eats morrisons own pate sachets and various dog chews and dental chews.
I only want an opinion as I said before that I cannot afford more money to pay. I cannot even afford to pay the other £23 pound if I am happy with the response. Please do not take any more money from my account. I am broke.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he is not on any medication now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he is always shakinh his head and my vet says that there is no wax in his ears